Just a quick note to send a big thanks to you all for your support in what has been a challenging half term, with increased cases of CoVid in school. By following the Welsh Government guidance and working with school, you have helped to keep cases to a minimum and reduced the spread of the virus. Your efforts are very much appreciated.
Our non-school uniform day, today raised £212 – huge thanks to everyone for donating towards our School Funds which are used to purchase special resources and “treats” for the children (such as the bouncy castles we had in the Summer Term).
Things to look forward to after half term:
- A Bonfire Night Super Learning Day
- New snack arrangements in Key Stage 2 aimed at promoting Healthy Lifestyles
- Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day services
- Autumn Term Reports to Parents will be sent out
- Reading books will be sent home with the children on a Friday (returned on a Monday)
- After-School Football Club for Year 3/4 girls will continue
- Hopefully, other after-school clubs can begin
- Our new (and improved) “House” system will be launched for children from Year 1 to Year 6
- A new App will be introduced to make updating contact numbers and pupil data easier for parents
Christmas Activities will be shared after half term, however, unfortunately, once again this year we will not be able to hold the traditional concerts or fayres. I understand that this is disappointing, however, we will do our utmost to ensure the children enjoy the festive season at school in different ways.
In the meantime, I hope you all have an enjoyable half term break and I look forward to welcoming everyone back to school on Tuesday 2nd November.