I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas break. I am looking forward to seeing the children tomorrow and hearing all their wonderful news.
This term in Ruby Class our theme is Cynefin and we’re asking “Who do we belong to?” and “What do we belong to?” We’ll be learning about Wales and the opportunities available here; talking about family dynamics and groups/clubs that we attend; exploring ways of helping our community and what or community has to offer; Learning about the history of Llay; How we belong to Wrexham and feeling proud of our Welsh heritage.
In Maths we’ll be learning how to add two-digit numbers using column addition and subtract two-digit numbers using column subtraction. In Language our aim is to continue to with Read Write Inc and develop our knowledge of red words and more difficult phonemes called special friends. These can be found in your child’s book that is sent home.
The Welsh phrases we’ll be using are:
Bore Da – Good morning
Pnawn Da – Good afternoon
- Sut mae’r tywydd heddiw? – What is the weather like today?
Ga i – can I have
Pa lliw – What colour
Ble wyt ti’n byw? Where do you live?
To support your child at home, you can:
- Listen to your child read over the weekend when RWI books are taken home
Focus on supporting your child to read and spell key words
· Practise the 2, 5 and 10 times tables mentally and in written form
· Discuss the idea of ‘belonging’. For example who belongs to your family? How do you belong in the community? How did your family become a part of Llay? Do any relatives have information about Llay mining community? Does your family have any links to Wrexham? Do you take part in activities or visit places in Wrexham?
· Encourage your child to use the Welsh words and phrases he/she knows
Many thanks for your continued support