Once again, parking around the school at drop off and collection times is causing issues, with some people choosing to park illegally and dangerously. As such I have reported the matter to the appropriate authorities and asked for patrols to made. Please remember that we are very fortunate to have a car park which parents can use on School Road (doctor’s side).
Fines can be issued for dangerous and illegal parking as per the Highway Code:
You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road.
Laws RTA 1988, sect 22 & CUR reg 103
DO NOT stop or park
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
- on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
- opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
- near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
- opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
- where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
- where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
- on a bend
- in front of an entrance to a property
- where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities exceptwhen forced to do so by stationary traffic.
The parking is particularly dangerous on the turning point (doctor’s side) with cars causing obstructions.
Parents/carers who choose to park considerately and appropriately are urged to report offending vehicles to the police.
Please note that the school car park is limited to Staff Use and Authorised Vehicles only.
Thank you for your support in this matter.
Mrs Billington Headteacher